Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Send an email when scheduled Implementation is passed%21

Hello Experts,

I would like for Service Manager to send an email to the assignee of a change after the scheduled implementation end date has expired to remind the user to close their change. If the change is still open after 5 days, I would like SM to send an email to the assignee manager to ensure that a change gets closed. The reason being, multiple teams aren't closing their changes timely which results in chasing them up separately. This would automate the same. 

I am guessing the following needs to be done to accomplish this work.

1. Modifying workflow to include a RuleSet that checks for all open tickets passing the "schedule start time".

2. Set up notification record and include for true conditions on 1st step.

Please correct me if i am wrong in my points. Thanks.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Send an email when scheduled Implementation is passed%21

Hi,

You need to configure a notification record and then configure an Alert Definition (AlertDef), that references that notification record.  There is nothing required in the Workflow.

Audrey

Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hi,

Thanks. I was able to accomplish this with a help of RuleSet and "Run Schedule Action" on Ruleset. This way i am able set all my conditions and notification templates. Thanks for your input.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

I was thinking the same thing. Using a scheduled action rule; when your time field is less than today and the ticket is not closed, run a ruleset with your HTML email rules. I am glad you figured it out. Good info.

Joe

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.