Audrey H. Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Send email with URL to user's My Preferences page

Hi,

We added some new options to the user's My Preferences page and want to notify them by email and include a link directly to their My Preferences page.  We can get them into Service Manager with a URL ending in servicemanager/index.do and to a ticket with a URL ending with something like this:

servicemanager/index.do?ctx=docEngine&file=probsummary&query=number=%22IM10211%22

but I'm not sure if there is a way to direct them to something other than a ticket.. Anyone have any idea how to do that?

Audrey

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Send email with URL to user's My Preferences page

Hi Audrey, It's not possible to generate a URL other than a ticket. As an alternative solution, you need to build your own "My preference" function based on a record like operator. That will take some time. Ling-Yan
Audrey H. Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Ling-Yan,

Thanks for the response.

Although I'm disappointed, I am not surprised by this.  It's not a high enough priority to spend a lot of time with customization, so I think we will do without.  Thanks again.

Audrey

0 Likes
Highlighted
sanyada185 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi,

yes url is not possible, but if you want you can customize the menu and set My prefrence page as landing page for operators to see once they logon.

Regards,
Sanjay Yadav
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.