Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Sending an email to Incident Assignee of a task

Jump to solution

Hi,

We have a requirement that when the task is closed the assignee of the incident related to the task needs to be notified.  We are using SM 9.62 with PD.

Attached are the steps I used however the notification is not getting sent to the assignee of the Incident.  Attached please find the sequence I have used.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Sending an email to Incident Assignee of a task

Jump to solution

Hi,

Personally, I would put my ruleset on 'After successful enter' of the Closure phase, so that if there is a failure the email won't be sent.

Since the value of the assignee of the parent record is not stored in the imTask record, you should select 'Set Using Javascript' for Recipient and not 'Current Record'.  You could then use a JavaScript something like this:

//JavaScript to get assignee from parent IM
var IMrecord = new SCFile("probsummary");
var IMnumber = record.parent_incident;

if(IMrecord.doSelect( "number=\"" + IMnumber + "\"") == RC_SUCCESS)
{
var users = new Array();
users [0] = IMrecord.assignee_name;
}

You might also want to attach a condition to the RuleSet itself, so it will only run if the Assignee field of the parent is populated.  That is easy to do through the condition editor.  Let me know if you need any help with that.   I hope this helps.

Audrey

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Sending an email to Incident Assignee of a task

Jump to solution

Hi,

Personally, I would put my ruleset on 'After successful enter' of the Closure phase, so that if there is a failure the email won't be sent.

Since the value of the assignee of the parent record is not stored in the imTask record, you should select 'Set Using Javascript' for Recipient and not 'Current Record'.  You could then use a JavaScript something like this:

//JavaScript to get assignee from parent IM
var IMrecord = new SCFile("probsummary");
var IMnumber = record.parent_incident;

if(IMrecord.doSelect( "number=\"" + IMnumber + "\"") == RC_SUCCESS)
{
var users = new Array();
users [0] = IMrecord.assignee_name;
}

You might also want to attach a condition to the RuleSet itself, so it will only run if the Assignee field of the parent is populated.  That is easy to do through the condition editor.  Let me know if you need any help with that.   I hope this helps.

Audrey

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.