Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Service Catalog Approvals

Jump to solution

Hello,

In our current system contact records don't have manager value populated for any of our contacts, so I need to have a svc.options field say "Ist Level Approver" and allowing the ServiceDesk person to select approvers when the submit the cart.

I see the svc.option values are only available on the fulfilment record (ocmq) but not available on the Interaction.

Can some help me how can I achieve this, I need to display a field to the ServiceDesk person to select a approver while adding cart item and the field value has to be copied to Interaction record or assign this to vars.$L_approval_role_user variable on the Approval Roles.

Thanks

Regards,

Sats

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Service Catalog Approvals

Jump to solution

Hi Sats,

I'm not yet completely sure what exactly you want to do. As far as I understood it, you want to have a field on the form before submitting a catalog request (svcCat.request.info) where the person submitting this request can select the line manager, who then shall be selected as the approver for this ticket. Is that correct?

If so, you have to create a field on this form, including linking it to the correct field in the operator or contacts table (depends on how data is stored in your SM system). You might want to create a new field in your incidents-dbdict for this or - if you do not want this data stored in the incident record - you might want to put it into a variable which then can be accessed for approval setting.

Then (based on the assumption that you want to use the global Service Catalog approval and not approvals on item-level) you have to create an approval role which reads the field or variable set before. Finally, you have to add this approval role to the approval activities for Service Catalog.

Does this help you?

Best regards,

konoko

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

I dont undertsand what you want to do as a result. Cant you for example just add some field on Interaction and pull some approver there? Or maybe set managers for people to use OOB functionality.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for your reply,

This is my requirement,

For the Service Request we need an additional field to Capture the line manager to drive the interaction approval.

As soon as the Service Request cart item is submitted Interaction records is added with requested cart items, this interaction will has to be in ‘pending’ status until approved by line manager. I want help to how to get that line manager (allowing Service Desk person to select operator using fill field) from the Service Request screen to have this approval set?

Hope this clarifies a little!

Thanks

Regards,

Sats

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Sats,

I'm not yet completely sure what exactly you want to do. As far as I understood it, you want to have a field on the form before submitting a catalog request (svcCat.request.info) where the person submitting this request can select the line manager, who then shall be selected as the approver for this ticket. Is that correct?

If so, you have to create a field on this form, including linking it to the correct field in the operator or contacts table (depends on how data is stored in your SM system). You might want to create a new field in your incidents-dbdict for this or - if you do not want this data stored in the incident record - you might want to put it into a variable which then can be accessed for approval setting.

Then (based on the assumption that you want to use the global Service Catalog approval and not approvals on item-level) you have to create an approval role which reads the field or variable set before. Finally, you have to add this approval role to the approval activities for Service Catalog.

Does this help you?

Best regards,

konoko

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi konoko,

Many Thanks for your help!

Yes indeed your soulution really helped.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Sats

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Sats,

glad I could help! And thank you very much for the Kudo :smileyhappy:

Cheers,

konoko

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Jump to solution
Could you please send me exact steps to do this as I tried many times with no luck
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor..

Jump to solution
In brief I need to have the following
Direct manager
Unit head
Customized approvals selected from drop list
Actually all this data filled by users and available on cart items but couldn’t take them on interaction to secure approvals on interaction level
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor..

Jump to solution
Please send me exact steps to do this
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.