Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
halen Contributor.
Contributor.

Service Catalog issue

Hello!

Recently we have significantly increased our service catalog records. Currently we have about 8000 records. And then we faced problems with searching through ess portal. It works too slow. I have found that the function buildSearchQuery was changed in svcCatCategory library in our environment. OOB version: 

return "displayName=\""+ searchStr+ "\"";

was changed to:

return "index(\""+ searchStr+ "\", displayName)>0";

Reverting the change increases performance, but it does not return all results. I have run IR regen on svcDisplay table. But there are different number of records in scirexpert table on each regen run. Why IR regen process returning different results? And how can we return all results using OOB version code?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Service Catalog issue

Hello,

I hope this information helps but I found a KM where discuss about Improve IR performance: https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM778579

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Service Catalog issue

1 question - I didn't test but based on your tests I assume that SM is not using IR when you use the function index. so if you put two words it must contains exactly both words the same way and not using the 'smart' IR engine.
2 - 8k records should not be a problem for IR, we are using it successfully for other modules with 1M+ records; Is IR slow everywhere or only on this specific case? Might be a shared memory problem? Did you run a trace to see where exactly is this latency?
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.