Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Service Catalog request approval not happening through Webservices

Hi Experts,

We have created HP Connect-it scenario which will fetch email & approves the Service catalog request (interaction). But while doing so we are running into the issue that the Interaction is not getting approved.

Approval only happens when I make the integration user (used in SM web services connect-it) same as the approver in the interaction to whom the request is pending else approval is not happening.

& if I dont do the above I get the error as :

"You may not approve for any of the pending approvals group"

Although I have made the CIT user as the part of approval groups.

Can someone pls share your thoughts. It is badly required to approve a service catralog request (i.e interaction) through email.

I have tried many suggestions on HP forum, but none is working for me.

Thanks

Neo

0 Likes
7 Replies
Respected Contributor.. Hazem Dessouky Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Re: Service Catalog request approval not happening through Webservices

The user approving should be the same pending approver.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Hazem Dessouky,

The user approving everytime can not eb same as the pending approver becuase approver is gettinmg changed according to some requests.

Secondly We can not go everytime & change the CIT user used in HPSM webservices connecter to the approver's value.

Hope you get the point here I'm trying to highlight.

Thanks

Neo

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

And that is why you need to use a user that can override the approval, you can do this with Java scripting to ensure that this can work.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Hazem Dessouky,

Im using the system.admin which is having the system administator role which I belive can override the approvals

Now with javascript what needs to be esnured & where. I can write the JS , but give me a clue of what about & where.

Thanks

Neo

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

you need to type code in the DB trigger on the approval table, check if the operator logging in is the CIT operator then change the approved by and making the approved guy or the loged in user.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Hazem Dessouky,

I'm not sure where I can get the CIT user information, becuase that is being used by CIT dyanmically to connect to webservices of HPSM , connect first & then execute the mapping portion.

May be I'll be wrong over here, but Im unsure of this.... how to fetch the Connect it user information that has been used in SM webservice connecter to connect.

if that is so, can you pls give an idea on how to proceed with it.

Thanks

Neo

0 Likes
TomPowe Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Do you have access to the Connect.It scenario itself?  You need to open it up, double-click on the ServiceCenter/Service Manager Web Services connector and in the wizard, you should see what ID it is using.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.