Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Service Desk 3.0 Data Import java error

Hi,

I'm trying to import DTA inventory into SD as CI's. I am using the dta.ini that comes with the data exchange integrations. I am able to export the data from DTA and view the resulting XML file, which looks OK as far as I know. However, something goes wrong during the import and no data comes into SD. According to the import log file, a java error occurs. It looks like this:
ERROR: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com/jclark/xml/output/UTF8XMLWriter.writeRaw
at com/jclark/xml/output/UTF8XMLWriter.startElement
at com/hp/ifc/ext/imp/AppLoadRelation.toXML
at com/hp/ifc/ext/imp/AppLoadHandler.endDocument
at com/jclark/xml/sax/Driver.endDocument
at com/jclark/xml/parse/EntityParser.parseDocumentEntity
at com/jclark/xml/parse/DocumentParser.parse
at com/jclark/xml/parse/base/ParserImpl.parseDocument
at com/jclark/xml/sax/Driver.parse
at com/hp/ifc/ext/imp/ImportXmlCim.XMLtoObject
at com/hp/ifc/ext/imp/ImportXmlCim.main
java.lang.NullPointerException

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Bill
Tags (1)
0 Likes
0 Replies
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.