Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Service Desk Interactions Workflow with ESS

Jump to solution

We are using SM 9.33 with PD4 and are currently using Incident Management, Change Management and Service Desk Interactions for requests. Recently, we started using ESS and I have a few issues that I have not been able to figure out:

1- When users submit a request the interactions always come in categorized as Incidents. Changing the default category did not do anything. Can this be modified?

2- When interactions are submitted from ESS they go into the categorization phase, but when the Service Desk technician updates the record, it updates like it was in Logging. So all the rulesets are applied over again. I tried creating rule sets with conditions based on saved record fields, but it's like SM doesn't recognize that fields were previously saved. The main problem we have is that duplicate emails are being generated.

I am open to any suggestions. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Service Desk Interactions Workflow with ESS

Jump to solution

Hi ,

for the query

"1- When users submit a request the interactions always come in categorized as Incidents. Changing the default category did not do anything. Can this be modified? "

When you submit ticket in ESS through “Submit a Request” button , this button is there in menu ESSM.

if you go to “menu” table and search for ESSM, you can see that this button call rad app cc.open.from.menu.

if you check that rad application at panel set.default.category, it is calling scriptlibrary sdUtil function getSDDefaultCat.

So please see there and you can see it’s hard coded category to incident.

function getSDDefaultCat()
{
 //var defCat=lib.settings.getSettingValue(lib.security.getArea("incidents"), "default.category");  
 //if(defCat==null || defCat=="true")
 {  
  return "incident";
 } 

}

I tested this and change category from incident to service catalog in my box in above functions.

I open a interaction through ESS and I can see new SD ticket opened have category as service catalog.

I hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards
Animesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi ,

for the query

"1- When users submit a request the interactions always come in categorized as Incidents. Changing the default category did not do anything. Can this be modified? "

When you submit ticket in ESS through “Submit a Request” button , this button is there in menu ESSM.

if you go to “menu” table and search for ESSM, you can see that this button call rad app cc.open.from.menu.

if you check that rad application at panel set.default.category, it is calling scriptlibrary sdUtil function getSDDefaultCat.

So please see there and you can see it’s hard coded category to incident.

function getSDDefaultCat()
{
 //var defCat=lib.settings.getSettingValue(lib.security.getArea("incidents"), "default.category");  
 //if(defCat==null || defCat=="true")
 {  
  return "incident";
 } 

}

I tested this and change category from incident to service catalog in my box in above functions.

I open a interaction through ESS and I can see new SD ticket opened have category as service catalog.

I hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards
Animesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello A2drew,

Regaring your 2nd question:

2- When interactions are submitted from ESS they go into the categorization phase, but when the Service Desk technician updates the record, it updates like it was in Logging. So all the rulesets are applied over again. I tried creating rule sets with conditions based on saved record fields, but it's like SM doesn't recognize that fields were previously saved. The main problem we have is that duplicate emails are being generated.

In OOB "Logging" phase, system would do initializations and set status/assignment etc. An notificaiton email will be sent during the transition from Logging to Categorization.

In "Categorization" phase, out of box system will send email when the status is changed to "Suspended" or from "Suspended".

May I have more specific steps or details about the issue you were seeing?

What were you indicating when speaking of "it updates like it was in Logging"?

What kind of emails were duplicated?

There are rulesets enabled during the whole workflow - you can check them via clicking "Workflow Properties" button.

The notfications such as "send email when assignee/assignment group was saved" are defined in that area.

You may would like to open a support case if further investigation is required.

Thank you,

Estelle

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

The emails that are being duplicated are only in the transition between logging and categorization and are not OOB notifications which is why this is baffling me.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

I guess I was kind of hoping that the category could be based on the Service selected instead of being static.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

I actually found a rule in the workflow properties that was set to send an email when the saved record Assignment Group does not equeal current record Assignment Group. If I remove that ruleset then my problem is gone although I don't understand why the system is not recognizing that the group did not change.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.