Billy Sprague Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Service Manager 7.11: Affected Services (Interaction)

Jump to solution
When you are in the interaction on Service Manager 7.11, there is a field called “Services” under the affected item section. I am trying to find out how that field is integrated with the different modules.

1) Should the Services pull from the Service Catalog or is there a flat table within the module that we have to keep up-to-date?
2) Is the Service field linked to the profile name so when you select the persons name only a subset list of services are shown for that person?

Any information you can share would be helpful, thank you.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scworks Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Service Manager 7.11: Affected Services (Interaction)

Jump to solution
Hi Billy,
Actually "services" are defined Configuration Items (CIs) with a type = "biz service".

This logical CI is the implementation of the ITIL V3 service definition.

To create "services" goto Config Mgmt module and create new CI's with type = "biz service". You can relate actual CIs like server hardware and software. The demo example in SM7.11 is the Corporate Email service which is supported by an Exchange Server, database and email client.

For question 1), ... You are on the right track about thinking Service Catalog. If you define the CI services from a non-technical end user perspective, then it would be ideal to organize your Service Catalog in a similar fashion. There are multitude of ways to design the Service Catalog, it just depends on how the services are delivered in your organization.

For question 2) ... There is a subscription definition that can be configured for users based on an personal "My Devices" structure or by a Dept/Organization structure. You need to set-up and maintain subscriptions separately from "service type" CIs. A technique that has been successful is to use a tailored Connect-IT / DDMI scenario or a tailored uCMDB integration to import discovered desktop computers and automatically create the "My Devices" subscription records. It can be expanded to include the installed software discovered on each desktop. Of course, you must have a mechanism to discover and record the unique User that is associated with each discovered desktop computer or laptop.

Cheers for points.
Frank
4 Replies
scworks Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Billy,
Actually "services" are defined Configuration Items (CIs) with a type = "biz service".

This logical CI is the implementation of the ITIL V3 service definition.

To create "services" goto Config Mgmt module and create new CI's with type = "biz service". You can relate actual CIs like server hardware and software. The demo example in SM7.11 is the Corporate Email service which is supported by an Exchange Server, database and email client.

For question 1), ... You are on the right track about thinking Service Catalog. If you define the CI services from a non-technical end user perspective, then it would be ideal to organize your Service Catalog in a similar fashion. There are multitude of ways to design the Service Catalog, it just depends on how the services are delivered in your organization.

For question 2) ... There is a subscription definition that can be configured for users based on an personal "My Devices" structure or by a Dept/Organization structure. You need to set-up and maintain subscriptions separately from "service type" CIs. A technique that has been successful is to use a tailored Connect-IT / DDMI scenario or a tailored uCMDB integration to import discovered desktop computers and automatically create the "My Devices" subscription records. It can be expanded to include the installed software discovered on each desktop. Of course, you must have a mechanism to discover and record the unique User that is associated with each discovered desktop computer or laptop.

Cheers for points.
Frank
Billy Sprague Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Perfect! That is what I needed to know. Thank you for the outstanding reply!
0 Likes
Emathink Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I  have a problem I Just needs your advice if possible 🙂

In my company (organization) we still dont have the list of servers and databases on our Service Manager 7

but we have the business services and applications only (as a service catalog collected manually)

I  work in Configuration management team. As a new challenge we are working with IT department to help them create incidents and see the impacted CIs

After opening a new incident we have

Affected Services

Affected CIs

I'll give you an example to make things

• Sales commision calculation (Business service ) related to the following application services : SDS and payement gateway

• SDS (Application service ) is related to SDS-Application (we created the name -Application to refer to SDS application remember we dont have the servers or DB level)

My question is :

If the service called SDS is down the affected CI   will be SDS-Application (Type:applcation)

In the affected services Tab : the service called SDS will only appear although we have the previous relation of

Sales commision calculation (Business service ) related to the following application services : SDS and payement gateway

I  need to see if SDS is down the affected service is Sales commision calculation.

Kindly view attachment for clarification

0 Likes
bilu Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi experts,

I am quite new to HP Service Manager. I have some issue in affected service in SD.open.interaction form. I have applied multi tenancy situation in my development system. After that when I create an interaction it is giving some error. Screenshot attached.

Please help

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Siddhartha

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.