Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Service Manager 7.11 installation error on Windows 7

Jump to solution
Hi Experts,

I am trying to install the Service Manager 7.11 server on Windows 7 but I am getting an error like 'Summary not availble

This may be a result of an invalid summary type request-eg. requesting an install summary when an uninstall has occured.

I have attached screen shot with this thread.

Please help me out to solve this issue.

Thanks,
Siddu
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

In order to install the Service Manager Desktop Client in Windows 7, you must ensure that the operating system visual enhancements do not interfere with the JVM used to install the client.  The following steps will allow you to install the desktop client in Windows 7 using compatibility mode:

1. 1.       Insure that your Windows operating system is up to date regarding updates.
  2. 2.       Locate and open the directory containing the Service Manager Windows client installer.
  3. 3.       Right Click “Setup.exe”
    1. a.       Select “Properties”
  4. 4.       Select the tab “Compatibility”
  5. 5.       Check the box marked “Run this program in compatibility mode for:”
  6. 6.       Select “Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)” from the drop down list.
  7. 7.       Select “Apply”
  8. 8.       Select “Ok”
  9. 9.       Open the client installer and continue as normal for client installation.

Note: The only application that needs to use compatibility mode in Windows 7 to function properly is the Setup.exe file.  Once installed there is no need to apply compatibility features to the Client executable file as it will function properly in the Windows 7 environment.  

If you find this post useful/helpful click the Kudo star on this post!

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi All,

Anybody faced the above issue during the Service Manager installation?.

Your inputs are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Siddu
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
You need to run setup in silent mode for SM 7.11 Client on Windows 7: setup.exe -silent
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hello Siddu,

On Windows 7 refer KB Article http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM870340.

Regards,
Shalom
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have not run across an error yet but saw a mention of Knowledge Article: KM870340 in documentation for client installs. This article is no longer available. Besides the silent install mode mentioned above, did this cover anything else?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

In order to install the Service Manager Desktop Client in Windows 7, you must ensure that the operating system visual enhancements do not interfere with the JVM used to install the client.  The following steps will allow you to install the desktop client in Windows 7 using compatibility mode:

1. 1.       Insure that your Windows operating system is up to date regarding updates.
  2. 2.       Locate and open the directory containing the Service Manager Windows client installer.
  3. 3.       Right Click “Setup.exe”
    1. a.       Select “Properties”
  4. 4.       Select the tab “Compatibility”
  5. 5.       Check the box marked “Run this program in compatibility mode for:”
  6. 6.       Select “Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)” from the drop down list.
  7. 7.       Select “Apply”
  8. 8.       Select “Ok”
  9. 9.       Open the client installer and continue as normal for client installation.

Note: The only application that needs to use compatibility mode in Windows 7 to function properly is the Setup.exe file.  Once installed there is no need to apply compatibility features to the Client executable file as it will function properly in the Windows 7 environment.  

If you find this post useful/helpful click the Kudo star on this post!

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Siddu,

I have installed suceessfully on windows 7 on my laptop. Actually issue is with compatibility. Server exe is 32 bit, so follow alex instructions. Also check prerequisite like Java ,.net etc.

You need sql server 64 bit compatible.

Regards,

Abhijit K  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

That worked!!Thank

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you Alex-D

I have applied the procced and after that all is work fine, great trick 🙂

Recomended!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.