Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

Service Manager 9.4 and Service Anywhere

Not sure if this is right forum for this question.  Please excuse and advise if it is not.

Currently we have an implementation of Service Manager 9.21.

We are planning to upgrade to 9.4x, or replace HP Service Manager altogether (With Service Now, Service Anywhere, or other competeting product)

We would like to talk to someone from a company that actually has SM 9.4 implemented (or a late version of 9.3x).  To date, we have not found a company who actually has a latter version.

Anyone know such a company?  Have any contact information for their IT department or how I can get in touch with proper persons?

We have similar interests for talking to someone actually using Service Anywhere.

Respectfully,

Stacy Whetzell

TVA

ITSM Administrator

slwhetzell@tva.gov

Tags (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

You may want to look for a 9.3x customer who is running Process Designer Change and Help Desk. That would give you insight into a customer perspective of how the new configuration/tailoring methods work in SM. I have a customer who replaced a conventionally tailored 7.10 system with 9.33 PD4 last year -- I'll forward the thread to them to see if they can comment.  

The 9.34 release introduced a new look and feel for web tier, but PD4 brings the major changes to the product. A 9.33 PD4 customer would probably have more applicable feedback on future direction than a 9.34 or 9.40 system running in Classic mode. Note that 9.40 also brings improvements to the PD frameworks and tighter integration between the SM modules. 

Note that SAW is completely different code (v3 was a full rewtrite from v2) and the product is maturing quickly, though it does not yet offer the depth of configuration/tailoring options of SM. You may want to open an additional topic in the Service Anywhere forum.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

I administer SM 9.33 for a large organization. Please feel free to send me a direct message.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi Stacy,

If you currently use Request Management and have setup any bundles with optional lineitems and/or nested bundles, I recommend you check out my post to see the short comings of Request Fulfillment in 9.40, http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Service-Manager-Service/Moving-from-9-33-Request-Management-to-9-4-Request-Fulfilment/m-p/6730142#M126243

If you use the SRC in conjunction with RM, then perhaps you will not run into the same problems. I however am still trying to solve how my organization moves to 9.40. I have heard that 9.40 Classic may not even support Request Management, but am awaiting confirmation on that.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Request Management is fully supported in SM 9.40 Classic. (The legacy module only, not the new Request Fulfillment Codeless). 

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Is it possible to  create automatically an Incident in Service Manager 9.4  from external system?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

IgnacioE, sure it is. By using webservice it's not dependent on certain plugins or products.

- - -

To original author - if you are HP customer, you could also contact to HP (after)sales department and let them find you an organization to talk with. I'm sure they are more than happy to help you.

We're using SM 9.34 (no PD) and making version changes every two years, so I can't yet say much about SM 9.4x or Process Designer on it. If you have done excessive customization to your SM environment, building those with Process Designer may be an excessive duty. Of course, it's also a perfect opportunity to throw out some legacy stuff and get things streamlined.

So if you have considered changing ITSM product, now it's probably a right time to think about it and analyze pros and cons properly. 

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.