Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
dfilipovic2 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Service Manager 9.5X async javascript function for SOAP

Hello experts,

I need help or does anyone know how to make an async function in Service Manager, I need this call for SOAP integration with a custom tool.

As I understand Service Manager compiler for JS builds JS synchronous so it goes line by line, for this integration I need a different approach and I need to solve this like this:

- function test (x) --> GET DATA --> STORE DATA
- function test (y) --> GET DATA --> STORE DATA
- function test (z) --> GET DATA --> STORE DATA

This would be simultaneously...

Best regards,
Dino

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: Service Manager 9.5X async javascript function for SOAP

Hello,

I hope this help, I found this information about the Best Practices with Web Services but I think that there is not information regarding async function, so I may think that this feature is not supported (depending of the SM version)

dfilipovic2 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hello @Robcord , thank you for the input but we will need to solve this problem.
I have opened a case to MF so I will wait if they have some recommendation for this.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

If you are in a format and need to bring data to SM. this will be a problem; most probably the only way to solve this is create a custom middleware application to do this for you... if this is not the case and you just need to not interrupt your flow regardless the response; you should be using Integration Manager.. so instead of really call it enqueues the call... take a look: https://docs.microfocus.com/SM/9.61/Codeless/Content/integrations/integration_manager/concepts/integration_manager.htm?Highlight=Integration%20Manager
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.