Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Service Manager IDM Service

Hi All,

We have an integration task that could be done with IDM Service of Service Manager.

I just ran through the documentaton and I have a simple question:

Is it true that IDM Service handles only one tenant? The users must come from the same tenant?

Regards,

Peter

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Service Manager IDM Service

Hi,

Could you please share the documenttion are you checking for this? i was looking for SM side but I couldn't found related information due the tenants.

Thanks in advance.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Service Manager IDM Service

Hello Carlos,

I use this documentation:

https://docs.microfocus.com/SM/9.60/Codeless/Content/security/tasks/configure_saml_authentication_in_sm_webtier.htm

There is a parameter included in the webtier.properties file: idm.tenant which has this description: The tenant in which all Service Manager user accounts will reside. 

That's why I have a suspicion that IDM service handles only one tenant., but I need a confirmation at this.

Our users come from more thousand tenants, so it is important for us.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.