Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
StevenB77 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Service Manager Mobility Client throwing 405s on login with newer versions of Safari and Chrome...

With newer versions of Safari and Chrome 405s are experienced at login. I have a client who is able to login with earlier versions of iOS.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?  If so, what was your workaround to resolve? Here are the specific messages that I've found in the Tomcat logs. 

127.0.0.1 - - [01/Jun/2018:08:56:04 -0400] "POST /mobility-9.60.0007/std/login HTTP/1.1" 405 6351

[http-nio-8080-exec-1] (01/06/2018 08:56:04,087) [WARN ] web.servlet.PageNotFound - Request method 'POST' not supported

I am able to reproduce this in 9.60 and 9.52 respectively.  Performing a Google search returned many different reasons for 405s.  From the knowledgebase, I did find that there were similar issues and a patch related to a new Google Chrome release.  Requested the patch which was build 9.52.0003 which did not resolve the issue. 

Thanks in Advance, 

StevenB

0 Likes
2 Replies
Carlos_V_SM Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Service Manager Mobility Client throwing 405s on login with newer versions of Safari and Chrome.

Hi Steven

Hope you are doing fine.

Have you check the support matrix for exactly the browser verion supported? sometimes on browser upgrades comes security issues that damage the functionality for apps on the web, have you think on remove the updates and used a lower version and not the newest?

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
StevenB77 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Service Manager Mobility Client throwing 405s on login with newer versions of Safari and Chrome.

Carols, 

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I have a user who is using a lower version of Safari/iOS and they are able to view the mobility client just fine.  We have a security policy that requires the lastest version of operating systems for mobile devices and current versions of the web browser.   It appears that it is trying to use a POST to pass the credentials at logon.  Is there a way to break this dependency? 

Thanks, 

StevenB

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.