Highlighted
New Member.

Service Manager Reports - How to exlcude certain catalog items from "all open incidents" report

Hi,

We have a custom designed workflow used for certain requests which started with SDXXXXX and realated with CXXXXX records. On the dashboard these SD's records count as normal users interactions.

I would like to remove/exclude requests comes from certain Catalog Items on dashboard report.

I was trying something like this;

(open~="Closed") and $L.file.displayName ~="Yazılım Değişiklik Talebi"

but its not working. Yazılım Değişiklik Talebi = is the Catalog item which we dont want to see in the all open incidents statistics.

Any help appreciated.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Service Manager Reports - How to exlcude certain catalog items from "all open incidents&quo

Hello Onuralp.

hope you are doing well.

According to your description, I couldn't see any issue in the condition you shared, are you sure the problem is on the condition?

I will see if I can find a different way to accomplish this, meanwhile, is there any extra detail we should know about the customization you can provide?

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Service Manager Reports - How to exlcude certain catalog items from "all open incidents&

Do I understand correctly that you are trying to create a search condition that refers to variable? Where is the variable $L.file.displayName populated?

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Service Manager Reports - How to exlcude certain catalog items from "all open incidents&

Hello,

We've create a catalog item which triggering special change ticket(different workflow, different conditions etc.). its coming from end user of our company and when its approved its creating CXXXXX record.

But then we realized that SDXXXXX records stays open for unacceptable time because it had some kind of development stage. meanwhile, the dashboard grows and grows and it can be understand that Help Desk is not working if you dont know the background information about the situation. So I'm trying to remove statistical numbers comes from certain catalog item called "Yazılım Değişiklik Talebi" numbers count on the default help desk dashbord from "all open incidents" report. 

There is no customizatio on report or dashboard. Some customization available on catalog request item but mainly used default versions of it and add some additional fields or something. Change workflow based on OOB(out of box) normal change workflow, modified some stages removed, names changed, additional conditions rules set, but as I said its a modified OOB normal change workflow. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

I'm really new on HP SM. 

What I was did here, I looked to the SD related record and saw there is "catalog items" tab below which is showing that which catalog item used for opening that SD related record. On the client I used ctrl h and saw that and then tryed to see if its working or not. This is my best shot for now. Now I'm thinking that this variable not available on the incidents table or I need to link it to different table somehow, I really dont know just doing "trial and error" . 

12345.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

As i looked into dbdict tables, I coudnt find that cart name populated at incidents table. So my understanding is that I need to create a field at incidents table and get filled by this cart name field. then I can do that filtering?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi, Onuralp

There is no link to cart item in OOTB incidents. Attach the screenshot of OOTB.

As you said, you could not find cart name at incidents table, the system manages the linkage by some tailoring code, like link, join table, etc. Basically you will have to review the tailoring what have done.

Thanks

Desmond

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.