valou17 Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Service Manager - SYSTEM.BULLETIN configuration at login.DEFAULT Format Control

Hi all,

I am trying to set the System.Bulletin page on default login for specific user.role.  As I was told, we cannot enter more than 1 query, calculation in the format control login.DEFAULT

I was also trying to use secRole (security roles) as we have the default secRole set for all operators.  that would avoid major effort to modify each operator record.

The ask is if using the secRole, I need to have a specific Capability Words set for each operator (cap.exec) and also set new field in operator record.

HAS ANYONE was successfull with adding System.Bulletin at default login?

your experience is appreciated

val 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Carlos_V_SM Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Service Manager - SYSTEM.BULLETIN configuration at login.DEFAULT Format Control

Hello Valou,

hope you are doing fine.

Until I Know there is not necessary any capability word for all users, that shouldn't have any effect on the functionality, i believe just following the normal steps of system bulletin.

To create a system bulletin, follow these steps:

1. Click System Administration > Base System Configuration > Miscellaneous > System Bulletin.

The System Bulletin form opens.

2. In the Date field, type or select the date you want listed on the system bulletin.
  3. Select Activate Hot Tics? if you want the system bulletin to display a list of the day's hot records.
  4. Select Default? if you want to display the system bulletin to all users.

Note

Users can only see one bulletin at a time. The bulletin that has a date set to the current date with the time of 00:00:00 is what users see. If none exists, then the first selected Default record is displayed. If the date on the bulletin is set to the current date with a specified time, then it is not used at all. The Default option is supported for each day, as only one bulletin can be displayed at a time.

5. In the text field provided, type the text of the bulletin you want to create.
  6. Click Add to create the bulletin.

HPE Service Manager creates the Daily Bulletin record.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.