dfilipovic2 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Service Manager Service Portal

Jump to solution

Hello experts,
Do you know if I can add custom fields to the Service Manager Service Portal?
Can I add custom frames like in Service Manager ESS portal?

Does anyone have experience with this?
Best regards,
Dino

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Service Manager Service Portal

Jump to solution

Hello,
I have created new idea in:

https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Container-Deployment-Foundation/Service-Portal-Customization/idi-p/1646410

So anyone can vote on that idea.

Best regards,
Dino

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello Dino,
Hope you are doing well.

After the investigation I made to answer this, I found the following:

• The following customization can be done for the Service Portal environment:

1. Change the theme of an organization to a theme provided Service Manager or create your own custom theme and apply it to specific organizations. (please refer to the document: Micro Focus Service Portal Custom Themes for more information)

2. Because the HPE Service Manager Service Portal is based on HPE Propel, the Propel customization techniques also work for the HPE Service Manager Service Portal. (please refer to the document: Service Portal (Propel) Customizing_Launchpad)
a. Change of the corporate or organization logo.
b. Customization of Launchpad.
c. Banners
d. Widgets and Tiles.

Although we have the advantage of creating Banners with titles, links or labels. In this environment it is difficult to create any condition to show a "message" that makes a query to the tables and check if there are surveys in "Open" or not (such as the arrangements that were provided to Service Manager).
As I indicated in previous conversations, for this type of cases we could create an Improvement Request to create/support this type of customization in Service Portal, however, this does not assure us that it will be implemented.

Source

Hope this helps.

Best regards!

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the Thumb and show your appreciation.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello @Jose_A_SM,

this is interesting and I have found this information on help site, but I am more interested if there is a possibility to add new fields on Service Portal or I can use only OOB ones?

Best regards,
Dino

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,
I have created new idea in:

https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Container-Deployment-Foundation/Service-Portal-Customization/idi-p/1646410

So anyone can vote on that idea.

Best regards,
Dino

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.