ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Service Manager Upgrade 9.2 from 7.11

Hi All

We are looking at upgrading to Service Manager 9.2

Wanted to know....

1 - What companies out there are on this latest version and what issues you have experience during and post upgrade?

2 - What type of timeline did you have for the upgrade?

Thanks!!

0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi

Quite a big and broad question 🙂

1. We are upgrading a customer to 9.21 (I would not go for 9.20 only if you have not yet started).

What issues we see? Well the usual ones that you have on upgrades. You will have to be more specific in what you want to hear about. Maybe drop me a forum mail if you want to chat about the approach we take.

2. Timeline is around 200hours effort. This is though really depending on how much customisation and how much data modification/move you have to do. Another estimation for another setup we have done is on 350h.

On the other hand some other times for our own development environment:

- upgrade from 9.20 to 9.21  --> 1 day

- upgrade from 7.11 to 9.20 --> ca 2 weeks

Cheers

Philipp

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Most companies are working with some SDLC in place a and requirements for project plans.  I've always thought that a vendor software upgrade should come with a high level project plan or steps to make it easier for us to communicate with our management of the steps it takes to upgrade a product.  I know I will have to read the documents and create my own, but, I bet we are all having to do the same.  Why reinvent?  Anyone have a project plan they'd like to share?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the replies.

At the moment we are just in the early stages of looking into this. I have been told telalert is not compatible with SM 9.2. Anyone else come across this?

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Hi,

We done our migration from Service Center 6.1 to Service Manager 9.20. Our customization is around 70 %.

With this configuration, the migrations steps was:

1) Apply upgrade kit Service Center 6.1 to Service Center 6.2, and apply upgrade kit Service Center to Service Manager 9.20 = 1 day

2) with our customization level, we had around 2000 conflict = 15 days for conflict treatment.

3) applications validation and updates = 150 days

4) data migrations (interactions, incidents, changes, tasks, icm, etc...) directly with RDBMS process = 4 hours

Kind Regards,

zdn

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Have not used 9.20 yet (HP jumps from version to version too fast to catch up with them). Generally I hate word migration as all my projects are bind to tremendous work on customization and to migrate all that sick solutions properly is a pain :smileyhappy:

If there are not much functionality which you want to pull to 9.20, maybe there is sense to investigate chance of starting from brand new sheet and just pull old records to new system without logic migration?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Anyone have more information on how the upgrade went?  We are going from 7.02 to 9.20 this fall (Hopefully) 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.