Highlighted
New Member.

Service Manager to DB Connection failure and demo data upload failure

I have an environment as below :

DB 2012 is in cluster and service manager 9.50 is in custer on VM with OS Microsoft 2012.

ODBC connectivity test is successful. 

When i run Configure.bat, test is successful.

But when i try to upload demo data i am getting the below error :

Inserts of dbdict record for dbdict file failed.

System load has failed. [00:00:00]

Application and sample data upload to the configured database failed.

Please check if the database is empty and the SQL user has rights to create tables,

check smconfig.log for additional detail.

Invoking shutipc...

Shutipc completed successfully.

License verification passed.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Service Manager to DB Connection failure and demo data upload failure

Sounds like you have access to the DB but your login to SM db may not have all the rights as suggested by the error. Check your login db rights.

From the installation guide:

The login must have CREATE/ALTER/DROP TABLE authority for the target database. The CREATE/ALTER/DROP TABLE authority is only required during installation and creation of new Service Manager tables, and only if you allow Service Manager to issue the DDL to create tables and indexes. When Service Manager connects to your database using the login ID, tables are created in the default table space defined for that login ID.
Caution:
You must grant the DB account of the "sqllogin" SM parameter the privilege to create Stored Procedures and User Defined Functions.

Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

How about the detailed info at smconfig.log?

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

The error is straighforward: it is either a db user rights issue, as Jas1 mentioned, or the database is not empty.

You can create a new empty DB and then, in the ODBC connection, replace the "master" DB with the DB you just created.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.