Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Service Request creation via SRC

Hello Experts,

I need some guidance on how can I have a Service Request in the Related Records tab of an Interaction, when some end user Logs in to SRC and raise a service request.

I don't want to raise a service request as only an SD ticket, rather i want an SRxxxx to be attached in the "Related Records" tab of an interaction SDxxxx.

Some guidance on the steps will be helpful for me.

Thanks & regards.

Aparsi..

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

This is standard behavior:
--when you define a Service Catalog Item that is fulfilled via Request Mgmt, after the interaction approvals are completed, it will auto-escalate to an RM Quote and the screlation record is created automatically.
--when you define the SVCCAT item and select the Request Mgmt connector as the fulfillment type, you then select the corresponding RM catalog item which is used to generate the request.
--the SRC item is the customer facing "I need thus thing" in customer terminology.
--the RM catalog defines the full set of sequenced tasks and the groups which execute them (RM Line Items can be thought of as tasks).
Think of the SvcCat as the "Customer facing catalog" and the RM catalog as the "Fulfillment catalog". The self-service customer doesn't need to see the complexity of the fulfillment process.
----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

yeah, this i actually need to configure for the Service Desk who will be working on the SR in the back end.
The Customer facing catalog is fine. I am able to add category and item and the "Open a New Request" connector also.

But i need to know the inner process, to attach an SR in the Interaction.

Regards.
Aparsi
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello,

I will reply here as well (beside of the inner mail).

when you use Open request connector it must automatically bind Interaction with the Quote  after it passes all approvals on Interaction level (If you have them ofc).

So it creates Interaction first, and if all approvals are passed, Quote is created binded to the Interaction.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.