Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Service manager 9.33 installation issue on Win 10

Hi,

We are migrating to new laptops with Win 10. I tried initiall installation, but it is giving me "Error connecting to server, server not up or wrong connection parameters" (sceen attached).  I understood that it needs to be set as Compability for Vista during installation. I tried that as well, but it seems the uninstall is leaving some cache or something, as when i uninstall and install each next time it is giving the same and opening the setting shows my personal credentials, sparks server, port etc already filled out.

Please advice on same, as it is crucial for NNMi team work at this point.

Regards,

Evgeni.

Ps feel free to approach me over Lync at any time during my shift (9:00-18:00 GMT +2) - Personal Info Erased

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Service manager 9.33 installation issue on Win 10

The desktop client does have a cache for connection information.  It is safe to delete it; you will just need to fill back out the connections you had saved. 

The folder for me is located at C:\Personal\<Login ID>\ServiceManager

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Uninstalling it empties this folder and deletes it. Ones i install it back again, folder appears, as expected, but the credentials are there. The problem is not refilling them out, but the Service manager is not working and keeps on throwing the same error. Credentials are ok, i am using them as we speak from the old laptop.

Advice on the error then or how to trace the cause.

Regards,

Evgeni.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

9.33 is not supported on Windows 10.  Per the Compatability Matrix for 9.33:

The Service Manager 9.33 Windows client supports the following operating systems:

Windows 8, 32-bit and 64-bit

Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit

Windows Vista, 32-bit and 64-bit

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Indeed mentioned  "Compability mode" set to Vista.

Regards,

Evgeni

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I fixed it.

Evgeni

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.