Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Service manager upgrade to 9.40

Thanks for all replies in advance.  I have been given a project to upgrade Service manager to 9.40.  This was started almost a year ago and then dropped.  This is my first experience with SM so please excuse any dumb questions.   I have run the SQL compare and managed to resolve most of the issues but the last issue is comparing the assests column in the CM3R table.  I'm getting the following message.

dbdict:cm3r, field:assets, type:character, SQL type is TEXT -- expected to be: VARCHAR(200), SQL Table is m1 -- expected to be: a3.

I have change the datatype from text to varchar but it continues to fail. 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Service manager upgrade to 9.40

It sounds like it wants to make it into an array field (a3) of character.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Service manager upgrade to 9.40

Are you wanting to change the TEXT to varchar? If so there are steps to do that. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.