Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Service manager use just db.view display screen

Jump to solution

Dear experts,

When i am going to global list and trying to rebuild the global list i was not getting the "Rebuid global list" option.

I started to investigate my environment.
The display screen is db.view - this isn't good screen because the right display screen should be global.view - and I found the global.view display screen, with right display options.

When I search the globallist object definition I find the next parameter:
Profile application: db.environment            
Profile variable: $L.env   
Open state: global.view   
List state: db.list
Default state: global.view
search state: db.search
Browse state: db.browse

And the extra interesting was when I checked the globallist datadict record. Everything was fine but!!! the display screen is db.view instead of datadict.view...

It seems the SM use only (or in most situation) db.view display screen...

Somebody any idea?

Thanks for your answer

The environment is SM 7.11 but I think this is not interesting in this situation.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Service manager use just db.view display screen

Jump to solution

Hmm... This is just a guess, but -

Check the operator record for the user who is experiencing this issue.  There is a capability word 'AlwaysAdmin' that defaults the displayscreen and displayoptions to db.view, just as though you went through Database Manager and selected the 'Administration Mode' checkbox.

If they have that capability word, remove it, have the user log out and log back in and see if the issue persists.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hmm... This is just a guess, but -

Check the operator record for the user who is experiencing this issue.  There is a capability word 'AlwaysAdmin' that defaults the displayscreen and displayoptions to db.view, just as though you went through Database Manager and selected the 'Administration Mode' checkbox.

If they have that capability word, remove it, have the user log out and log back in and see if the issue persists.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Jacob, 

thank you for your idea and assistance.

The solutions was to delete AlwaysAdmin from capabilityword.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.