Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Session Timeout When indexing documents.

Jump to solution
Hi All
I am experinecing a problem when trying to index my knowledge management documents.I have tried to look at my sm.ini file (which I have attached)and I cannot solve this problem.

Can someone please help me.

I have previously posted a thread about me getting an error message when clicking on my search button in SM knowledge management(I have attached a snap shot of this too), before experiencing my current problem and have not gotten a response yet.And I am sure that these errors are probably related.Can anyone guide me into the right direction.

Please help
Thanking you in advance
Mpho Masemola
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Session Timeout When indexing documents.

Jump to solution
hi,

In regards to session timeout:

a) how many documents are you indexing
b) do you have index attachments turned on? If so turn it off and try again, wot happens now
c) are you running this in prod or development? Is it a real server or virtual.
d) who are you logged on as when you run it. (make sure user is in the timeout exclusion list and sit and watch it run.)
e) the indexing engine will also have its own logs.
f) what verison you running 7.01 in 7.1 it does it a bit differently, as a background process.

My experience:

I experienced index timeouts in a virtual DEV system, turning index attachments off helped. I turned them back on in prod as it is big server. I was indexing about 130K records at that time. A good tip is to sit and watch it run and move your mouse occassionly as well as having a falcon session on another screen so you can monitor. form memory it took abot 2hours for 130K records. It used to crash on about 30K when indexing with attahcments.

enjoy

peter (dont forget some points)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
hi,

In regards to session timeout:

a) how many documents are you indexing
b) do you have index attachments turned on? If so turn it off and try again, wot happens now
c) are you running this in prod or development? Is it a real server or virtual.
d) who are you logged on as when you run it. (make sure user is in the timeout exclusion list and sit and watch it run.)
e) the indexing engine will also have its own logs.
f) what verison you running 7.01 in 7.1 it does it a bit differently, as a background process.

My experience:

I experienced index timeouts in a virtual DEV system, turning index attachments off helped. I turned them back on in prod as it is big server. I was indexing about 130K records at that time. A good tip is to sit and watch it run and move your mouse occassionly as well as having a falcon session on another screen so you can monitor. form memory it took abot 2hours for 130K records. It used to crash on about 30K when indexing with attahcments.

enjoy

peter (dont forget some points)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi an thanks peter

My problem was not pointing to the correct knowledge search server name.

By the way I am working on production:

When doing a search I still get the following error message:

'SCFile name kmhitlist is not a Service Manager file.' although I can view my documents. Does anyone know what could be causing this error message?

Please help
Mpho Masemola

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi
I managed to get some help the file was being referenced in the initial javascript in the submit search query process definition.

One last question though ...does anyone have an idea as to why when indexing a document with jpg attachment images that it displays these images once. Then at a later stage when search the documents again that the images don't appear?

Thanks
Mpho Masemola
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello, I have the same problem in Service Manager 7.11. : SCFile name kmhitlist is not a Service Manager file

How did you fix the problem??

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.