Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Sessions and License

Hello everyone!

I would like to know if each user session consumes a license, even when each session was initiate with the same user?

My doubt is because I'm setting up operators with named license and unlimited sessions.

Best regards,

Agustin

0 Likes
3 Replies
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Have not tested myself but I think that it will cut as many license as the are logged operators. Other way it would have been an issue to use 1 license and log to the system from 10 PC.

To test it log in 2 systems with same operator and do sm -reportlic.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, Yes each session will consume a license whether it is from same user or from different user. As per my understanding, If it is not so then license would not be any mean.Customer will give the same operator id to all the user and need not to purchase a more than one license. regards,
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Concluding,  the license is per session and not per user. Thanks!!

regards,

Agustin

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.