Highlighted
Sutot Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Set assignment field in interaction using triggers

Hi all,

I have added the "assignment" field to the form "ess.SD.open". But when the user add the interaction, "assignment" field remains empty.

I suppose I have to use a "Before Add" trigger in "incidents" table, but I don't know wich code I have to use.. Can someone help me?

More, where I can find some docs to learn which commands I can use in triggers? SM doc is very poor..

Thanks in advance,

Sutot

0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Set assignment field in interaction using triggers

There is no reason, at all, to use a trigger for this.
When you "added the assignment field" to the ess.SD.open format, how did you add it? In the incidents table (where the interaction is created, the assignment field is an array field, so you can't just use "assignment" as the input on a text object/com.fill. If you want them to populate the first position of the assigment array, the inout value of the field would need to be assignment,1.

However, why would you have an ESS user select the assignment group? 

If you install the SM 9.30 help, there are a number of embedded PDF guides. The "Best Practices for Tailoring SM" document would be a good place to start.
IF you have not already taken any SM training, you really should if you want to tailor the system in any way.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.