Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Set "link" for *.msg file on form (ESS)

How can i do that ?

Form must contain button or link - somthing what user can press and opened MSG file (wich associated with outlook)

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Set "link" for *.eml file on form (ESS)

note sure I got but ess is an web application; so I imagine that if you create a link with the correct tag mailto it should works..

something like: <a href="mailto: someone@example.com?Subject=Hello%20again" target="_top">Send Mail</a>

Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Set "link" for *.msg file on form (ESS)

Actually i have stored file, let's name it - A.msg

And after user press - this file must be opened at user side

As i think i need create one more menu line with application="us.launch.external" and value for it... dont know can i use network path for a file.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

any idea how can users open stored *.msg file from ESS ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

If i use just link for some web page - it's work fine

But if in link i set url to file, then it's work if press such line for it in left menu, but do not work for button with same button code (and this button automatically marked as read only)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.