dfilipovic2 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Set up $L.env for Custom Object

Hello experts,

I need an information about how to set up $L.env for Custom Object?
I have set up a custom object, which works when I use:
- Profile Application: db.environment
But when I put:
- Profile Application:secRoleBasedAccess
I can create a new record, and save it but the problem is with buttons which are not evaluated because $L.env variable is null.
I have set up a $L.env variable in Profile on Object record.

Best regards,
Dino

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Set up $L.env for Custom Object

Hello Dino,
Thanks for your question.

I am afraid I will require screenshots or any other visual evidence of the procedure you are doing and also I need to know what exactly do you want to accomplish?
Additionally, I will need to know your SM RTE and Application versions.

BR!
Jose L. Arias

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution. If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the Thumb and show your appreciation.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hello @Jose_A_SM,
I am creating my own custom object (custom application) for telecommunication customer which needs to send the notification to their end users (not internal but external).
- Change Management and Request Management is out of the option for this customization because Change Management is part of provisioning and would be hard to implement this kind of process in it.

Custom Object is working:
- Approvals are being generated
- Process Designer is being called
- I am using document.new application for opening the object
I will print the screen object and post it by the end of the day.

Best regards,
Dino

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. bogart Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Hi Dino,

if you want to use secRoleBasedAccess for $L.env it's necessary to create

• a Security Area (secArea), e.g. like Incident (Module is not required),
    Security Area_ Incident.png
  • some Security Roles (secRole) where you set the rights for the security area, e.g. like incident manager:
    Rights_Incident_Role.png
  • and you have to connet the object file table to the security area in Data Policy:
    Data Policy_ probsummary.png

That's all, I hope! Maybe you have to update a global lists to get the new area offered in Data Policy...

Bo

Outstanding Contributor.

Hello @bogart,
Thank you for your inputs, but I have already done that:
- Created New Module
- secRole
- DataPolicy

When I put db.enviorement I can see the buttons, I have put on "initialization" to print(system.vars.$L_env) but it's null.
When I put "secRoleBasedAccess" I can't see the buttons because they are not evaluated correctly (because $L.env is null).
Can you help me what is wrong?

Capture4.JPGCapture3.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture.JPG

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.