Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

SharePoint to HPSM Connect-It feed using REST

I wasn't able to find a Connect-IT specific forum, so hopefully someone here can help. I'm trying to setup a feed between a SharePoint List and HPSM using the REST connector (we don't have a SharePoint connector). Using resources I found online, I took a guess at what the Atom feed URL and the XML schema URL should be. When I try to open the connector, I get the following error:

// Application: HP Connect-It scenario builder 9.20.011
// Executable: D:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Connect-It 9.20 en\bin\conitgui.ovl
// User: admin

2017/03/03 13:04:12.492 2 1 (0) schema_reference.4: Failed to read schema document 'http://<PATH TO SITE>/_vti_bin/owssvr.dll?Cmd=ExportList&List={<GUID>}', because 1) could not find the document; 2) the document could not be read; 3) the root element of the document is not <xsd:schema>.
2017/03/03 13:04:12.492 2 1 (0) Connection error.
2017/03/03 13:04:12.508 2 1 (0) Cannot load XML schema.
2017/03/03 13:04:12.508 3 1 (0) Cause by java.io.IOException: null
2017/03/03 13:04:12.523 1 1 (-53) Unable to open the 'SharePoint FTP (http://<PATH TO SITE>/_api/web/Lists/getbytitle('Tech%20Portfolio')/items)' connector.

<PATH TO SITE> and <GUID> are privacy placeholders for what's actually in my settings and not literal.

When I go to the Atom feed URL in a browser, it gives me what looks to be the SharePoint List in Atom form.  When I go to the XML schema URL, it gives me a owssvr.xml file that also looks the SharePoint List in XML form. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: SharePoint to HPSM Connect-It feed using REST

Hello Goodja,

hope you are doing fine.

I believe that you have an issue with your CIT version, as I notice it is 9.20 and if you look at this link:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/web/softwaresupport/document/-/facetsearch/document/KM02164701

CIT 9.40 (of course 9.20 too) is out of scope, and that version cannot be supported. As suggestion you can upgrade you CIT version at least 9.60.

hope it helps.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Are you saying that you think the issue I'm having is due to an old version or is that just a note that the version I'm using is out of support?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Goodja,

hope you are doing fine.

WHat i tried to say is that I am not sure if the issue is related with your current version but since it is out of scope SM team support cannot be able to test it and figure out what could be the main cause. Hope it helps.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Just to check the box, but did you validate the error reasons are not applicable:

Is the xml format conrrect, can it be accessed by CIT (both location and file permissions)?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi, Can you please share if your issue is resolved ? If yes then you can post the answer here, it ll help others too. If not then you can log a case with HP Software support or Professional Services for customization requests.
Regards,
HPE Software Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

unfortunately, i was pulled onto another project and haven't been able to work on this again. i'll update as soon as i'm able to get back to it.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.