TPRMT Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Show Parent Incident/Problem/Change but not for Request? Why?

Jump to solution

Hello Experts,

I am surprised to see there is no option in Request module to view the Parent request from the request tasks like we have for Incident task, problem task and change task. All these have this option from MORE->Show Parent Incident/Problem/Change respectively. Why this is missing in Request? Is there a way i can add this for my need if not provided as built. Because i badly need it for my day to day activities. 

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

USSKT.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Show Parent Incident/Problem/Change but not for Request? Why?

Jump to solution
The KM is not related to your issue.

If you want exactly same thing: Go to tailoring > Process Designer > Workflow, open the incident Task, click on phase Active, go to tab Actions and take a look at action "Show Parent Incident", it calls the process show.parent.incident.
Based on this you create one called xyz.show.parent.request adapting to the request module and add it to your request workflow.
If you are not using workflow for request, no problem, add it the process reference to the state and use it in the display option..
---
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I was searching and I found the next KM, it seems that it's related to your concern:

https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com/doc/KM00389249

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hello,
I am unable to view the doc that you gave in the KM link. It is asking to update "MyEntitlement". Please share the doc by image or someway.

Thanks
USSKT
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution
The KM is not related to your issue.

If you want exactly same thing: Go to tailoring > Process Designer > Workflow, open the incident Task, click on phase Active, go to tab Actions and take a look at action "Show Parent Incident", it calls the process show.parent.incident.
Based on this you create one called xyz.show.parent.request adapting to the request module and add it to your request workflow.
If you are not using workflow for request, no problem, add it the process reference to the state and use it in the display option..
---
Regards,
Breno Abreu

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hey,

It worked man. Thanks. I am able to bring the show parent request option as same like show parent incident. Thanks again for your help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.