Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Sm log KM errors

Jump to solution

Experts,

Am setting up knowledge management with SM9.40 .

I am planning to use the below  libraries.

1. Knowledge

2. Interaction

3. Incident

Rest of the libraries , I want to keep it offline and do not want KM to touch these records.

How do I keep only the above libraries online and others offline ?

Just keeping the refresh interval to 0, is enough or do I need to false out the Table query also ?

AM seeing the below errors in the sm.log

6(  5224) 11/01/2016 14:18:50 Core: Problem_Library is down or does not exist
  7756(  5224) 11/01/2016 14:18:50 [Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@1fdc9cd
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.hp.ov.sm.server.plugins.knowledgemanagement.solr.KMSolrSearch.getIndexStatistics(KMSolrSearch.java:967)
	at com.hp.ov.sm.server.utility.GenericServerThread.symanContinue(Native Method)
	at com.hp.ov.sm.server.utility.GenericServerThread.run(GenericServerThread.java:58)
  7756(  5224) 11/01/2016 14:18:50   JS I Index statistics not clear.
  7756(  5224) 11/01/2016 14:18:50 Core: Interaction_Library is down or does not exist
  7756(  5224) 11/01/2016 14:18:50 [Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@1a3b18a
	at com.hp.ov.sm.server.plugins.knowledgemanagement.solr.KMSolrSearch.getIndexStatistics(KMSolrSearch.java:967)
	at com.hp.ov.sm.server.utility.GenericServerThread.symanContinue(Native Method)
	at com.hp.ov.sm.server.utility.GenericServerThread.run(GenericServerThread.java:58)
  7756(  5224) 11/01/2016 14:18:50 Core: KnownError_Library is down or does not exist

please guide

thx

dev

I am Listening..
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Sm log KM errors

Jump to solution

Seems this may be a known issue with a workaround:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1E96902

Seems that for each Library you want to be offline and not write messages to the log, you need to remove the Search Server Name value.

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please remember to click "Accept as Solution". If you are satisfied with anyone’s response, please remember to give them KUDOS by clicking on the "thumbs up" at the bottom left of the post to show your appreciation.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Please review the following KM documents (these assume you are using SOLR as the Search Engine and not IDOL aka Smart Analytics):

This document should change the options the user sees on the search form:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM832580

This document takes it one step further and omits certain libraries from being used. You won't be disabling everything in this case, just the libraries you don't want to be searched:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00380608

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please remember to click "Accept as Solution". If you are satisfied with anyone’s response, please remember to give them KUDOS by clicking on the "thumbs up" at the bottom left of the post to show your appreciation.
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thank you mike for the reply.

let me take a look at the docs and be back

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Have done the reinstallation KM , everything looks good with thienstallation, indexing and searching.

Still the errors are showing up in sm.log

2168(  4652) 11/04/2016 10:42:48 [Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@e8dbd4
	at com.hp.ov.sm.server.utility.TopazThread.handleRequest(Native Method)
	at com.hp.ov.sm.server.utility.TopazThread.processRequest(TopazThread.java:413)
	at com.hp.ov.sm.server.utility.TopazThread.process(TopazThread.java:339)
	at com.hp.ov.sm.server.utility.TopazThread.run(TopazThread.java:354)
  2168(  4652) 11/04/2016 10:42:56 Core: Interaction_Library is down or does not exist
  2168(  4652) 11/04/2016 10:42:56 [Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@51d658
	at com.hp.ov.sm.server.utility.TopazThread.handleRequest(Native Method)
	at com.hp.ov.sm.server.utility.TopazThread.processRequest(TopazThread.java:413)
	at com.hp.ov.sm.server.utility.TopazThread.process(TopazThread.java:339)
	at com.hp.ov.sm.server.utility.TopazThread.run(TopazThread.java:354)
I am Listening..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

I have done the fullindex of both incident and knowledge library. Rest of the libraries, we are not using.

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Please upload screenshots of the Interaction_Library configuration.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply brett,

I have KM installed on 64 bit JDK as my OS is 64 bit. I have done the installation using ITSM deployment manager and it does the instlalation, patching, configuration by itself.

One of the option which I could do is to false out the table query on the other libraries and start the reindexing on the other libraries and check if it resolves.

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

If there are libraries which you do not want to be Indexed then set the Interval to 0 and false the table query. Additionally you can comment the javascript within the four KM triggers for those tables. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

These steps were already completed.

I have falsed out the table query and refresh interval was set to 0.

And these errors started coming for the libraries which are not active.

I am Listening..
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Seems this may be a known issue with a workaround:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/QCCR1E96902

Seems that for each Library you want to be offline and not write messages to the log, you need to remove the Search Server Name value.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Jump to solution

Mike ,

Attaching the screenshots of interaction library.

I am Listening..
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.