Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Smart Email setup

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone

I have looked at the help but it is very high level it seems or missing some fundamental info around how to configure outboud smart email. I inserted emailout parameters in the sm.ini as described in the help documentation but the sm.log reports it as an unrecognised command. See below for lines in .ini

sm -emailout -sleep:30
sm -emailout -keepmail
sm -emailout -smtphost:<mailserver here>
sm -emailout -smtpport:25
sm -emailout -mailFrom:<address here>

I also configured SmartEmail settings from System administration > Ongoing manintenance > Smart Email > settings

What am I missing?

thanks

Shane

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Smart Email setup

Jump to solution

In sm.ini, you must only put the parameters (ex, smtpport:25), without the sm -emailout. An example sm.ini could have the following:

smtphost:1.2.3.4

smtpport:587

mailFrom:service.manager@domain.com

smtpusername:service.manager

smtppassword:password

Make sure you have created an smtp user in your Exchange Server, as his credentials will be used from HPSM to send outbound emails.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.. Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: Smart Email setup

Jump to solution

In sm.ini, you must only put the parameters (ex, smtpport:25), without the sm -emailout. An example sm.ini could have the following:

smtphost:1.2.3.4

smtpport:587

mailFrom:service.manager@domain.com

smtpusername:service.manager

smtppassword:password

Make sure you have created an smtp user in your Exchange Server, as his credentials will be used from HPSM to send outbound emails.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.