Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Highlighted
Norita Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Sometimes a Workflow Rule fails. How can I trace it? SM 9.34

Hello, in SM 9.34 is a behaviour that I'm trying to reproduce with not success yet.

In a Change Workflow (cm3r), a Rule sends a mail ¿when? in a phase, on update

The Rule description is :

Send HTML Email: TC_Change-Notificar Grupo Asignación (when (assign.dept in CurrentRecord!=assign.dept in SavedREcord))

I've looked at de emailout.log  for some errors, but nothing there.

¿Is there some way to trace or look at the CurrentRecord  and  SavedRecord  vars  to see why the condition fails sometimes / aleatory?

Thanks in advance,

Good questions will have Good answers
0 Likes
2 Replies
PLP Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Sometimes a Workflow Rule fails. How can I trace it? SM 9.34

Hello,

If you want to see the value of variables I suggest you to use the SM debug parameter rtm:4.

Global Support Delivery Software Support Expert

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
JD_Jinesta Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Sometimes a Workflow Rule fails. How can I trace it? SM 9.34

Hello Norita,

You can add another rule type javascript prior the rule of the rule of the email is executed with code like this:

print(oldrecord); //will show SavedRecord

print(record); // will show CurrentRecord

Hope this helps.

SM Support Engineer

Thank you for using the Micro Focus Community. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an "accept as solution".
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.