Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Sort Assignment Group Operators - Unable to execute trigger

Hello,

Our client has a requirement to sort the list of operators alphabetically in the assignment group table (field=operators). I'm open to suggestions, but at the current time I am trying to do this via a trigger on the assignment table, which uses the javascript sort function to sort the table. I have confirmed that this functionality works when trying to save the assignment record manually.

When adding an assignment group to the operator record (which subsequentally updates the assignment table) the trigger before update does not execute? My understanding is that the trigger should execute prior to a row update and I should have no problem sorting the operator field.

Has anyone come accross this or are there any suggestions? I have tried to look for a link record, but I believe the OOB functionality occurs in RAD located at the trigger level.

The client is using SM 9.41.

Thank you,

Vlaho

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: Sort Assignment Group Operators - Unable to execute trigger

So you can also modify the code for 2 way sync bettwen operator and assigment to meet your sot requirement.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.