Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Stop Mater Ticket Closure before Child Tickets are closed

Hi All,

I need some inputs on below scenario

I have a master Incident Ticket with which there could be any number of Tickets (be it Incident,Change or Problem) related.

I want to make sure that Master Incident is not closed before the Child Tickets are closed.

Please help me with some suggestions on Solution.Hopefully if there is something that will not include JavaScripting

-HB

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Stop Mater Ticket Closure before Child Tickets are closed

Do a calculation in a format control to look for any still "active"  records related to the master ticket in the screlation table.. If any are found, then create a validation that fires upon Closure if there are any.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply.

I found below validations written when only an Incident is related to the Change Request, But how can I generalize to check rest all the tickets. I tried to put the "or" operator with the table names but that didn't worked

Update: problem.status in $file="Resolved"

Calculation: $L.void=rtecall("rinit", $L.rc, $L.screlation, "screlation");$L.void=rtecall("select", $L.rc, $L.screlation, "source=\""+number in $file+"\" and depend.filename=\"cm3r\" and depend.active=true"); if $L.rc>0 then $changes.closed=false

Validations:

Update: problem.status in $file="Resolved"

Validation: nullsub($changes.closed, true)=true

Message: You cannot Resolve this Incident until the related Change records are closed.

Can you please suggest

-HB

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Try something like:

"source=\""+number in $file+"\" and (depend.filename=\"cm3r\" or depend.filename=\"problem\" or depend.filename=\"ocmq\" or depend.filename=\"ocml\" or depend.filename=\"incidents\" or depend.filename=\"knownerror\") and depend.active=true");

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Tom,

This seems to be not working. I added the following calcluations on the format control record of probsummary but still I am able to resolve the Incident when the related change requests are open.

$L.void=rtecall("rinit", $L.rc, $L.screlation, "screlation");$L.void=rtecall("select", $L.rc, $L.screlation, "source=\""+number in $file+"\" and depend.filename=\"cm3r\" or depend.filename=\"problem\" or depend.filename=\"ocmq\" or depend.filename=\"ocml\" or depend.filename=\"incidents\" or depend.filename=\"knownerror\"and depend.active=true"); if $L.rc>0 then $changes.closed=false

Any suggestions please.. 

Also how can I modify the validation part to check the status of other tickets

Regards,

-HB

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

It's missing the parenthesis I put in....  try this:

$L.void=rtecall("rinit", $L.rc, $L.screlation, "screlation");$L.void=rtecall("select", $L.rc, $L.screlation, "source=\""+number in $file+"\" and (depend.filename=\"cm3r\" or depend.filename=\"problem\" or depend.filename=\"ocmq\" or depend.filename=\"ocml\" or depend.filename=\"incidents\" or depend.filename=\"knownerror\") and depend.active=true"); if $L.rc>0 then $changes.closed=false

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No Luck Tom,

Is there any possible cause

-HB

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.