Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Stop Service Manager web service execution

Hello experts

I need to validate the CI and other fields send via web service to create an IM record.

I did some test and I received the response of the web service with a message that says the CI is invalid but the incident record is created

How do I need to do to stop web service execution when the CI is invalid? Exist a validation to stop the action executed?

Could you have some idea to do this?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Stop Service Manager web service execution

I suppose that there is a Discovery Event Manager Rule that is making the incident to be opened. Can you share details about the DDMRule record?

Basically we need to know what happens when the CI information is coming to SM.

There is not really a way to stop a WSDL, but understanding where the issue is we may be able to workaround this behavior.

Best Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Re: Stop Service Manager web service execution

Hello
The information of CI is only a reference to create a valid incident record I don't use a discovery tool, but if the CI information does not exist the WS could not create the incident record
Thanks. Regards
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.