Frequent Contributor.. anadranistos Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Stop a transition from executed in PD based on a validation in the current record

Hi experts,

I have created a manual transition in the Incident Task workflow to go from waiting phase to closure.

I would like to execute the transition based on the value of a field (current record). If the field got the false value I would like to have an error message and stop the transition.

How could I create an error message message via PD and stop an action? Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

George

0 Likes
2 Replies
Jhonny_C_SM Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: Stop a transition from executed in PD based on a validation in the current record

Greetings.

Can you give detail on how you created a manual transition in the incident task workflow, also what do you mean with the current record, value of the field?

Thank you.

Regards,

Jhonny Castro Montero
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation
0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.. anadranistos Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Re: Stop a transition from executed in PD based on a validation in the current record

Hi Jhonny,

I have created a transition via process designer from waiting phase to closure phase. I put the transition (check attachment) on the tray and I can see as a button anytime I open a new incident task (waiting phase). The problem is that I cannot add a ruleset to stop the transition with an error based on a field of my current record. eg. I would like to get an error whenever I click on the transition button and the due date is null.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Best regards,

George Anadranistakis

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.