Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Submit RFC button functionality in Service Manager 9.40

Jump to solution

Hi

In our current implementation of Change Draft phase, we have couple of mandatory fields and non mandatory fields. Currently Submit RFC button will be visible only when all the mandatory fields are filled on the Draft phase form. Once all the mandate fields are filled in then button will be visible and if we click on the Submit RFC button it is moving to next phase .(Change review phase in my case.). But we wanted to change the fucntionality of current RFC button little differently. We wanted to have it available always on the Draft phase irrespective of whether all the mandate fields are filled in or not. if any of the mandate fields are not filled and if the user still clicks on submit RFC button it should not move to next phase untill all the mandate fields are filled in. It should move to next phase only if all the mandate fieldsa are filled in.

Please can you guys explain the logic or area to change my current configuration differently as per my need explained above?

Regards,

DMK

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Submit RFC button functionality in Service Manager 9.40

Jump to solution

i have acheived the solution to my problem  by having some conditions in place in display option of submit button and save processes.

Regards,

D_M_K

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Greetings.

It is clearly a visibility condition enabled that just needs to be disable, maybe in the form, display screen, ruleset or workflow. The mandatory fields established will not allow the move to the next phase by themselves and you can see that in the form, but for the button to be always visible, you need to search where is that condition enabled.

I hope this works for you.

Regards,

Jhonny Castro Montero
SW Support Technical Consultant
San Jose, Costa Rica
hpe.com
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi DMK,

Check the transition between the phases, you can set a condition there to tell SM when the button for the transition between phases should be available for the users. I think probably in your environment the condition set there includes several of the required fields and because of that it doesn't show. You can set the condition back to default always and test if that presents the behavior you expect.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

SM Support Engineer

Thank you for using the Micro Focus Community. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an "accept as solution".
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi

was able to acheive display nature, i.e to be visible irrespective of the mandate fields are filled in or not. But the problem is when the user clicks on submit button it is always moving to next phase and having some trouble in placing the condition check for mandate fields to the submit button, where ever mandate fields are not filled in and it should not move to next phase.

Also wanted to acheive the functionality of save and save & exit buttons to the submit button so that when the user fills in all the information on the form they no need to specifically click the save buttons to save the data, if they just click submit button that it itself should take care of saving the data on the forms before moving to next phase.

Regards,

DMK

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi DMK,

Check if under the transition the option "Save record prior executing the transition" is enabled. If not enable it.

If doing that still doesn't work the way you want, please be sure that in the transition you have added rulesets to check the mandatory fields you want to be verified.

Regards,

SM Support Engineer

Thank you for using the Micro Focus Community. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an "accept as solution".
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Jenista,

sorry, i missed to ask you in previous post, what exactly you mean transition between the phases and where exactly i can find that option and how to put th resultset there.

Thank you.

Regards,

DMK

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi DMK,

When looking at the workflow you see the boxes for the phases and the lines the connect them. If you click the line that is the transition. The transition have few options, one is the general info tab on the transition and the ruleset tab. You can place the ruleset there.

Regards,

SM Support Engineer

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

i have acheived the solution to my problem  by having some conditions in place in display option of submit button and save processes.

Regards,

D_M_K

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.