Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Subscription limitation

Jump to solution

Hello,

Anyone has got fast reply on the below question?

If person has requested some subscription element from catalog one time , he can not add it to the cart for the second time and system returns message like "current element is already subscribed or subscription is in process" (this is my translation from Russian so soz for the possible mistakes) and this is normal as person can not subscribe twice for the same element.

But logically when his current subscription to this element is canceled and he wants to request it again he should have possibility to request it for the second time. Any suggestions are welcomed!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Fleet Admiral

Thanks -m- for your reply,

In fact I already solved the issue and did not had time to post it here. Solution was in changing the Subscription mode in Configuration management environmental record to Change management and after this I was able to add to cart element which was previously subscribed for me, if the old subscription is in "Canceled" status. Thanks for the reply again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

This very well could be a design defect.  It should allow you to reselect the item.  If you can replicate this in a out of box system,  I recommend that you open a ticket with support on this issue.  Also keep your post going.  This way the issue can be worked on in parallel.

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral

Thank you,

it has been a long time since I have seen OOB system :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Vadim...I haven't spent a lot of time with Subscriptions in Service Catalog, but I would troubleshoot it as follows:

1. Enable Service Manager tracing

2. Login as a SysAdmin using the Windows client (or as a user with the Debug capability word)

3. Perform the steps up to, but not including, the last step which generates the message

4. Open the RAD Debugger and execute the following:

x $L.void=rtecall("log", $L.code, "Vadim START")

5. Perform the last step which replicates the message

6. Execute the following in the RAD Debugger:

x $L.void=rtecall("log", $L.code, "Vadim END")

7. Logout

Review the trace starting with the entries between Vadim START and Vadim END.

Fleet Admiral

Thanks -m- for your reply,

In fact I already solved the issue and did not had time to post it here. Solution was in changing the Subscription mode in Configuration management environmental record to Change management and after this I was able to add to cart element which was previously subscribed for me, if the old subscription is in "Canceled" status. Thanks for the reply again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.