Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Substring search returns no results in 941 - text search

Hi,

In our system the text search (incidents) returns 0 results when searching a substring. For example "substring" will show 20 results, but "subst" will return 0. Tried using wildcards but this does not work either in the text search or the expert search. I checked that the irfields has action for probsummary. I was wondering if there are any other settings to check or sm.ini parameters before opening a case.

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Substring search returns no results in 941 - text search

Not a solution but a workaround. I just tried on my 9.3 system on KnowledgeBase Search which has access to incident and probsummary libraries and it worked for "substr" and subst*. Not "subst" as there's no such word in my system but the wildcard of subst* and precise word of "substr" worked.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.