Support tip: When updating CI data SM web will hang
In case you have run into this and have not updated, you can workaround the issue by remapping cigroup and cirelationship tables to a multi-row array. 7.11 and 9.21 have available fixes via Application Patch 2 for each version but 9.30 fix has not been released yet.
A high overview of the issue:
1 Go to Incident ->Open new incident via the web client(problem does not occur in the Windows client)
2 Click on Services and select Services.
3 Then Click on Affected Services. This will take almost 2 min or longer to display the CI
1. Stop SM and start a separate listener so that there are no further processes/users running while the job is done
2. Login using the port started on step 1
3. Export the cirelationship records via unload and then delete the records in SM. The same for cigroup records if exists.
4. Export an unload of dbdicts cigroup and cirelationship as a backup.
5. From SQL Utilities - Move files from SQL to SQL, to update the tables structure to be Multi Row array table. This has to be done for cigroup and cirelationship.
6. Login in SM and review both dbdicts to confirm the "m" and "a" tables were created fine and that there are no "n" tables.
7. Clear the SQL caché for both tables via SQL Utilities.
8. Load the cirelationship records back to the system (load unload taken on step 3)
9. Stop the listener started on step 1
10. Start the SM service normally and test with the users making updates to the CI records
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”