Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Template management role

Jump to solution

Hello!

I need to create role for template managing. This role should have access for templates only (cereate, modify, delete).

I created role and grant it full rights for access to templates and service call (only read), but via this role i don't see anyting in system panel. Which right should i grant to this role?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Denis_35

I guess he could create a Sc, but only if he has access to a Servicecall Form.

What if he has no Forms or Views for those items related?

How about granting this template editor full rights for all items (except Analyzed data, Application Account, Role and SP Account, and other objects he doesn't need)? Of course, give him the Maintain template privileges too, but unrelate all the items in the Advanced item access: Forms, Views, Templates (!) and Actions, and don't allow to create or customize views.

In my tests, I only see the Service Today icon and the views for Service Today. I could not figure out how to remove those views from his role. With all privileges enabled, no forms and no views, I can use the Admin Console to edit and create templates for the items. But I cannot find or insert/update/remove items without at least 1 form or view.

Not in File > New or File > Open, and not even by Copy/Paste when  I see a record in a Service Today view.

I guess that for some templates, the template editor should have at least view access to CIs and the CI for inspecting the contents of a particular CI used in the new Servicecall template.

He can do a quick find on CIs, get a list, and choose from the list. But right-click > open will need a CI Form in his role.

If you give him a CI form to view CIs, then he can create CIs too.

But If you revoke the new/modify/remove rights from CI to prevent doing that, then the CI templates are not displayed in the Admin Console > Data > Templates anymore. (Aargh?! Because he cannot new/modify/remove them?!)

Does this help?

HPE Software Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please mark it as an accepted solution. Kudos are welcome.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Denis_35!

Instead of Admin console, you can access the templates for any item via Advanced Find.

Of course, you need to have the Template Form related: Open your template manager role > Item Template > button Advanced > tab Forms > relate the form for creating/editing templates.

Nice question: I learned something new today 😉

HPE Software Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please mark it as an accepted solution. Kudos are welcome.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I did it before asking this question at forum.

With these role settings (all access to templates and nothing more) i can find templates via Advanced find, but i can't create new template. When i create new i see only blank template form and nothing more.

After some experiments i got that template management role should have the following rights: Templates - all; Service call - Create, Modify, View; for all SC's items (CI, Organisation, SLA etc.) - View. But user with this role can create SCs.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Denis_35

I guess he could create a Sc, but only if he has access to a Servicecall Form.

What if he has no Forms or Views for those items related?

How about granting this template editor full rights for all items (except Analyzed data, Application Account, Role and SP Account, and other objects he doesn't need)? Of course, give him the Maintain template privileges too, but unrelate all the items in the Advanced item access: Forms, Views, Templates (!) and Actions, and don't allow to create or customize views.

In my tests, I only see the Service Today icon and the views for Service Today. I could not figure out how to remove those views from his role. With all privileges enabled, no forms and no views, I can use the Admin Console to edit and create templates for the items. But I cannot find or insert/update/remove items without at least 1 form or view.

Not in File > New or File > Open, and not even by Copy/Paste when  I see a record in a Service Today view.

I guess that for some templates, the template editor should have at least view access to CIs and the CI for inspecting the contents of a particular CI used in the new Servicecall template.

He can do a quick find on CIs, get a list, and choose from the list. But right-click > open will need a CI Form in his role.

If you give him a CI form to view CIs, then he can create CIs too.

But If you revoke the new/modify/remove rights from CI to prevent doing that, then the CI templates are not displayed in the Admin Console > Data > Templates anymore. (Aargh?! Because he cannot new/modify/remove them?!)

Does this help?

HPE Software Support

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.