Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Template not being applied

Jump to solution

Dear experts,

This is sort of a continuation of a question that I asked a few days ago (this one) in which I wanted to limit what templates to display to change users based on the change assignment groups they belong to.   What I did was to update the Template.select_1 'using query' on the 'usage' tab with this:

mcc.group isin $lo.cm.assignments

mcc.group is a new field I added that contains the assignment group that is to use this particular template.  It works in the sense that I'm able to limit the templates available for use, but not in the sense that the new change tickets are prepopulated.   They are not, but if I then select 'Apply Tempalte' from the menu then it works.

I'm using Service Manager 9.30 with process designer 9.30.2.  I would like to attach the relevent files, but I'm only able to upload graphics files and wouldn't know which screen you'll find relevant to anwer this question and may want to see. 

Regards,

Ulises

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Template not being applied

Jump to solution

Hello Ulises,

I reviewed the trace and the data you provided.

The reason why template.select wizard is not working is because it was created to be used once the record was already created and by the time the wizard is called it's not at the change record but at the cm3rcatphase table so this is why it doesn't apply anything to the change record.

Wizard needs to be tailored to work differently and maybe trying to call it from a different place. Eventually a ruleset could work for this need.

If you need more help please submit a support ticket

Regards,

SM Support Engineer

Thank you for using the Micro Focus Community. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an "accept as solution".

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Ulises,

I'm not quite understand the problem, if the change is prepopulated, what template is applied? Meaning a template got applied to the prepopulated change and that template is not available to the current user looking at teh change or opening it?

Please clarify.

Regards,

SM Support Engineer

Thank you for using the Micro Focus Community. If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an "accept as solution".
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

JD,

The changes are not prepopulated; that's what I want to happen, but is not happening.  What I meant to say is that the Wizard is working in letting me select the templates, but once I do this the change ticket is not prepopulated with the values I've defined in the template.  Sorry for the confusion in this point, I see that my writing is kind of ambiguous in my question.

By the way, once I'm in the change ticket if I use the 'Apply Template' option from the toolbar the ticket is populated with the values from the teamplate I select.  So at least I know the template work.  I ran a trace to see what happens when I use the 'Apply Template' option from the menu and I see that the following call:

against file ScriptLibrary found 1 record (name="Template")

Is not executed when I select the template from the Wizard.   I wish I could send you more, but the forum does not allows me to upload anything that is not a graphic file.

Regards,

Ulises

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Ulises,

Ok now I understand. Please send to me an email with the trace for review.

Regards,

SM Support Engineer

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Ulises,

I reviewed the trace and the data you provided.

The reason why template.select wizard is not working is because it was created to be used once the record was already created and by the time the wizard is called it's not at the change record but at the cm3rcatphase table so this is why it doesn't apply anything to the change record.

Wizard needs to be tailored to work differently and maybe trying to call it from a different place. Eventually a ruleset could work for this need.

If you need more help please submit a support ticket

Regards,

SM Support Engineer

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks for the information; I'll keep investingating a way to accomplish this.

Regards,

Ulises

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.