Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Testing Upgrade from SM 9.34 P5 (non-PD) to 9.41 P5 Classic

I am running SM 9.34 P5 (non-PD). I am testing an upgrade to 9.41 P5 Classic. After upgrading the binaries and platform components I am receiving the following error in the sm.log.  The SM 9.41 P5 release notes direct you to leave that parameter in the sm.ini, if running 9.3x applications.  Any ideas why I am receiving this error?

RTE W Option "KMSearchEngineClass:com.hp.ov.sm.server.plugins.knowledgemanagement.solr.KMSolrSearch" not recognized

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi SCSM123

hope you are doing fine.

Remove the following line from all sm.ini files (LB + APPs):
KMSearchEngineClass:com.hp.ov.sm.server.plugins.knowledgemanagement.solr.KMSolrSearch

This parameter is not relevant anymore in SM9.41 RTE. See Service Manager 9.41 release notes:

8. If your sm.ini file already contains the following line, remove it.

KMSearchEngineClass:com.hp.ov.sm.server.plugins.knowledgemanagement.solr.KMSolrSearch

Note:
o  Skip this step if you are running Service Manager 9.3x applications.
o  This parameter is no longer needed for the Service Manager 9.41 Solr Search Engine.
If it is present in the sm.ini file, a warning message will occur in the Service Manager server log (sm.log).

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

The notes say "Skip this step if you are running Service Manager 9.3x applications." 

I am running 9.41RTE with 9.34 applications, so I was thinking that I still needed it. 

Am I wrong?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

then you have to keep it,

please try below steps,

1. stop solr server

2. edit file KMCores\solr.xml and delete line <core name="Problem_Library" instanceDir="Problem_Library\"/>

3. delete folder KMCores\Problem_Library

4. start solr server

5. restart SM server

6. login SM and Empty Search Server Name of your Problem_Library settings and save.

7. Set Search Server Name with correct solr server name and save.

8. Full reindex Problem_Library

If doesn't work, please try this:

KM uses it's own tomcat. So if you search the search engine folder, you will find a tomcat folder within, delete the contents of the work folder. This trick worked for me.

Carlos Villalobos R
Customer Support Engineer
If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor..

Hi Carlos,

I tried both of your suggestions, but neither worked.  I am still receiving the following error.  Any other ideas?

RTE W Option "KMSearchEngineClass:com.hp.ov.sm.server.plugins.knowledgemanagement.solr.KMSolrSearch" not recognized

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.