Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Text Import WIzard query

Hi Experts,

we are importing  some data to Sm using Text files. Unique key is reference.id in text file but not in SM Table.

SO what we need is, we have to skip few entries from import,  based on the data available in SM Table.

It is like, from SM database, we need to fetch the records based on  reference.id, Assignment group isin {'x','y','z'}.

then if, that reference.id present in Text file means, then we have to ignote that entrie to get imported.

In other way i can tell it as, i need to import the records from text file to SM Table,  which should not override the records, where Assignment group isin {'x','y','z'}..

how to achieve this in text import wizard??

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Shalini R

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Text Import WIzard query

Any Suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

One way to solve it would be to feed the files into a temporary table that you create, then create a wizard that will select each of the records one at a time and then update the target table as you see fit using RAD expressions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your time.

I started trying it out from simple steps. first, I'm tryping to skip an record, if assignment group="Tier1" in destination table.

So what i did is, in query, i gave the condition as, assignment="Tier1"

skip: true.

It means, in destination, if assignment="Tier1", then it should skip that record. but when i tried, it is getting updated with the values from text file.  What I have tried is right???  Please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,

Shalini R

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.