New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Vice Admiral Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Text Search stopped working. Shows only older posts.

Jump to solution

Hi all.

Anyone else experienced that search on a field stopped working?

When doing a text search on a field i.e. brief.description it only shows older posts but not the newest ones.

Anyone else had this problem?

Ivis.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

You need to regen the corrupt IR Index. That should correct the problem.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Are you sure about the issue?
Did you tried to use timestamp to get only recent records?

I am saying this because text search use IR search and only return numbers of records defined in sm.ini(with parameter ir_max_relevant_answers,default valuse 50)

hth,
0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral

Yes I did. Tried to limit it to date yesterday and did the search but shows no records found.

Wierd.

Ivis.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hello,

as I remember in my case I did increase the number to 75 and not decrease. I had a search problem is ess Catalog when i had a lot of Catalog elements starting with same word.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral

But did you get older post or nothing at all?

And I made a new Incident and limit the serach using yesterdays date. The result should be one

record, but I get no incidents found.

Tnx.

Ivis.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Vice Admiral

Discoverd this in the sm.log.

25195( 12058) 07/11/2011 11:37:42  RTE E Corrupt IR file detected reading a TERMLIST at offset scirexpert:ir.probsummary(8079139).  Count mismatch
 25195( 12058) 07/11/2011 11:37:42  RTE E   Expected to get a list with 15 terms, got one with 14534 terms

Can a IR regen fix this?

Ivis.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Fleet Admiral Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ivis,

as I wrote in my post, i had similar issue but not the exactly the same as you. In my case  error was like search results are 190 so system stops searching (this is my translation from Russian so it can have mistakes). The problem was that from 220 Catalog items 190 had same starting word and the search was getting crazy becuase of ir limitation on default. 

Not sure what caused your exact case.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

You need to regen the corrupt IR Index. That should correct the problem.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Vice Admiral

Yes, I discoverd that but thanks for your reply!

This solved the problem.

BR Ivis.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.