Highlighted
bitDoctor Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Time Zone in Web Services query?

I frequently use a web service query for RetrieveIncidentList similar to this

query="open.time > '01/25/14 16:21:54' "

On most HPSM installations the query works fine but on some installations something translates my time value to GMT despite the fact that my query is already in GMT.   What setting effects this translation and can I detect it via Soap in order to compensate for it?

Many thanks!

P.S. This thread has been moved from HP Service Desk Support and News Forum to  HP Service Manager / Service Center Support and News Forum. -HP Forum Moderator

Tags (3)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.. John Stagaman Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Time Zone in Web Services query?

The timezone of the web services operator is determined by the operator record (if a timezone is specified there) or uses the default timezone specified in the System Information Record. If you want all queries for that integration to be based on GMT, set the operator record timezone to GMT.

----------------------------------------------------
Kudos - what, where, how, and why
Want Good Answers? Ask Good Questions...
0 Likes
bitDoctor Absent Member.
Absent Member.

John, if I am running the query as System.Admin I would set the time zone for that user's operator record. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Yes. It would be the operator running the query. If the operator id is specified in the webservices call, that's the one you need to set the timezone. Sometimes, for integration, the integration's operator id is used instead.

If operator 's tz not set, it uses the global tz,  if operator id is set, it takes precedent over the global tz.

0 Likes
bitDoctor Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Many thanks for the clear and succinct explanation.  In my case the operator TZ is not set so it is defaulting to GMT as set in global tz.

I will look into specifying different operator ids in the web services call.

Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.