Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Timeout on service call "locking"?

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to modify the time a service call is "locked" by a user which then generates the "notify when item is currently edited by another user" popup?

I have the following scenario occurring.

If a user has a service call open for a long time (eg 20 minutes + ), and then another user opens the same service call, they no longer receive the popup advising the original user has it open. It's as if HPSD forgets the original person still has the service call open.

Thanks for any advice / assistance.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It looks like what happened is that the firt's user session timed out, this automatically released the lock on the ticket, hence the second user was able to edit it.

I would expect that, if the second user edits and saves the service call, once the first user re-activates its session, it will receive a message that the sevice call have been modified.

Regards;

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.