Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

To update the change task status with the parent change

Jump to solution

Dear experts,

The requirement is as below.

Whenever any change's status moves to "WIP", then the related task(s) should also have "WIP" status.

And whenever the change moves back from "WIP" to any other status, then the related task(s) also should move back to the same status as the change moved back.

Can you please help. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Re: To update the change task status with the parent change

Jump to solution

I have achieved it after adding a ruleset in the change workflow on update.

This ruleset is set along with the condition of the respective status change and run with a javascript which calls cm3t in w.r.t parent.change.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Experts,

Can we have  any clue on this ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

I'm not going to write the code for you, but I think you can adopt the solution I wrote for another problem:

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Service-Manager-Service-Center/Calculating-Time-for-All-Tasks-in-one-Change-Ticket/m-p/1496324#M125242

Sure, it's written for request and request tasks, but the logic with change and change tasks is similar. Just modify the code so that the status is updated and the record is saved.

Also, remember to make a check that if change status and task status are the same, update won't be done. Otherwise there's a risk of update loop - I mean task updates change, which triggers change updating tasks etc...

---
Moving on, this account is no longer active. Best regards, Kelalek
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

Jump to solution

I have achieved it after adding a ruleset in the change workflow on update.

This ruleset is set along with the condition of the respective status change and run with a javascript which calls cm3t in w.r.t parent.change.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.