Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to add new column in operators.qbe.g

Hi Team,

We have created new qbe form 'operators.qbe.g" and this form is being called when we click on "Assigned To person" field in Interaction management.

Presently we are displaying Operator Name, Shift Timings, Availability and Floor. Now we want to show one more field "Building" no value is coming in this column.

Kindly be informed that operators.qbe.g is not OOB form.

Please help in resolving this issue.

Regards,

Swati R Mathur

0 Likes
11 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Unable to add new column in operators.qbe.g

Hello.

Check if the room data is saved in the operator record. Cherck the input for your new column in the qbe if it has proper field there.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

check for the building data is there in your corresponding operator record.
I suppose there is no OOB building field in operator table.

regards,
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Please suggest for the action required on this from our side.

Please let me know if I have performed correct steps.

Regards,

Swati R Mathur

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello,

You have to pass the building data to the operator record to show it in that qbe. Suppose building data is saved in contacts record. So you have to make a cascade update or trigger which will copy data from contacts record to operator. In addition to that  you have to add building field to the operator table.

As I dont know what you have done till now it is quiet difficulr for mr to suggest something.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Vadim,

I have one OOB QBE form with the name "operator.qbe.g". I have copied this form and created new form with teh name "operators.qbe.g" but unable to find the table name under which it was created.

In this form, I have some columns "Full Name of Engineer", "Availability", "Shift", "Floor". Now I want to add one more column in it and it is named as "Building".

Now I am not clear on where this field has to be created so that it can come as column in "operators.qbe.g".

Regards,

Swati R Mathur

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello Swati,

qbe form which shows you records is always bind to the same table which that fields are stored in. So in your case it is operator. 

In your case the problem lies deeper. There is no info about building in the operator table.  So if you have to populate building in the operator.qbe form then you have to add this field to the operator table and then push the data into it.

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Vadim

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Vadim,

I have alreeady created "building" field in operator tableand in the "Building" column of operators.qbe.g , input equals to building only but unable to understand where exactly mapping is to be done.

Regards,
Swati Mathur
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

also to be added here that operators.qbe.g is not the OOB form. It was created by implementor.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hello,

Under mapping I mean that you need to copy the data from the place where you have it (suppose you have building data in Contacts) to the operator records. For duing that you can write short script or something  like that which will copy data from contact record to the operator record. Am I correct about the building data in contacts table?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Check your personal columns displayed when searching in operator table. If you modified your personal display of columns, make sure to go back into modifying your columns and click on "Use Default". The "Use Default" will display the columns you listed in your operators.qbe.g form.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.